Dê um identificador à portlet.



Logotipo do e-Portugal


logotipo da acessibilidade

Homepage >> TRÂNSITO INTERNACIONAL >> Exportação para Países Terceiros >> Géneros Alimentícios de Origem Não Animal (Exportação para Países Terceiros)
Back Back

Foods of non-animal origin - Export to third countries

The movement of goods to a destination outside the EU is referred to as an 'export'. A country that is not a member of the EU is usually referred to as a 'third country'.

Export food of non-animal origin (FNAO) and composite products without mandatory veterinary checks to third countries may occur with or without the intervention of the Portuguese Competent Authorities (CA). Just when the CA of the country of destination requires the goods to be accompanied by an export certificate, this should be requested to the National CA.

Considering legislation and requirements of each third country are variable, national exporters should look for information on the hygiene and sanitary requirements and on the template of the certificate, from the importers of the country of destination.

Some rules have already been harmonized by importing countries and Portugal, namely:

The economic operators interested in exporting may obtain the following certificates for export:

  • Quality: What does it attest to? 
  • Origin: What does it attest to?
  • Non-radioactive contamination: What does it attest to? 
  • Genuineness: What does it attest to?
  • Free sale: What does it attest to?

In the framework of export the operators can also request:

  • Declarations, whose content varies according to the requirements of the importing third country.
  • Health certificates, issued by an official DGAV veterinarian, for certain composite products with mandatory veterinary checks (see more)

Request a certificate / declaration for export:

What is needed?

To whom?

To the Regional Directorates for Agriculture and Fisheries or similar services of the Autonomous Regions (DRAP or AR).


At least two days before the date of export.
(in the case of establishments already registered and with an official control carried out)

By e-mail or by online platforms indicating and attaching the following data:

  • Registration number (SIPACE);
  • Relevant documentation related to the products to be exported (ex: technical files, analytical reports);
  • Place and date for the official control.
  • Proof of licensing of the national production/processing establishment (in case it is the 1st request)

How much does it cost?

The costs associated with the issue of export certificates/statements are set out in the Order No. 4186/2015 of 15 April, which approves the DRAP price list.



Plant Health - Plant Inspection - Plant Exports

(updated on 11/09/2020)

Back Back
Update on: 2021-03-04
Error: The listener returned the following Message: 500 Internal Server Error
© 2009 MADRP - DGV | ITds